Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Calcium Supplement Shopping .. Oh Joy!

I went to the dentist Monday for my bi-annual cleaning and like always they clean, scrape, lecture, poke, prod and send you home wishing you had never arrived. Ha Ha Ha!

Well this is probably one appointment I went that I am very glad I did. One of the things my dentist checks for is bone loss in the teeth, gums area. And while the older we get the more likely it will happen, it's just wise to keep tabs on how our teeth, gums, bones, etc. in our mouth are doing.

This was the yearly check for my bone loss, and because I've had a hysterectomy, my hormones aren't produced by my body, which leads to a whole different set of issues I didn't ever think I'd be dealing with at my ripe old age of 30. Yeah .. OLD! The hygienist told me I needed to start taking a calcium supplement because I have measurable bone loss from last year. A concern.

Fine. No big deal. What's ONE MORE freaking supplement I have to take. Right!?!? At the rate I'm going, I'm going to need a pill divider to make sure I'm taking everything I need just to ensure I live to ripe old 40.

Anyway, I digress. I go to Wal Mart today to get said calcium. Did you know there are like 50 different kinds??? Yeah, me either! I was confused. I was staring at all of the calcium supplements thinking, "Which one is the right one?" I probably should've asked my doctor first.

This nice little old lady could see my perplexed behavior and so kindly said, "Are you looking for a calcium supplement? This is the one I take cause of my arthritis." I couldn't believe my ears. I was getting vitamin counseling from an older lady that for sure had me beat by 30 or so years. Really! REALLY!?!?!

I then wandered over to the face wash aisle in an attempt to find something to combat my post-hysterectomy puberty I seem to be going through, and these nice guys were there looking at cologne. I said "I'm sorry, I don't mean to leave my cart in your way."

And do you know what one of them said to me!?!?! DO YOU FLIPPING KNOW!?!?!??!?!

"Oh, it's no problem MA'AM."

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!?!?!?! First I get vitamin advice from someone 30ish years older than me on arthritis and then a guy .. who couldn't be much younger than me calls me "MA'AM" !!!!!!!

I know the two things separate would probably not be of any consequence to me. But it seriously made me feel like I was edging on death's door with a cane, droopy boobs, and a hunch in my back! Say what!?!?

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and figure out how to combat this aging process!

Peace.

P.S.> I'm going to hire someone to purchase my calcium supplements from now on.

2 comments:

  1. People have been calling me ma'am since I was 21...of course that is also when I first moved to Texas so the two may be related. Ironically enough though, no one says Mrs. here. Everyone is Miss. So I'm either Miss Kiera or Miss Thaden, but also ma'am. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, I don't care about someone calling me Ma'am. It hadn't really ever phased me before. I think it's respectful. But it just happened to follow one situation that made me feel like I was old. LOL

      Delete