Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Kallas Family Theater

I woke up this morning not feeling so hot. To be quite honest, I felt like I was hit by a truck, tractor, then train. Yes, in that order. When I start my days like this, it's often very hard for me to feel motivated to entertain my kids, plan meals, crafts, activities, clean, or anything rather. It is also Sunday, and since Kara wanted her hair curly for church, I couldn't not take her to church.

So I downed some cold meds, and off to Sunday School we went. Wow that was fun! At one point, I realized I was dazed and slightly confused in the conversation and decided I really needed to focus hardcore on what was being said so that my cold-med influenced input made some sense.

At any rate, Sunday School and then church service. And at some point during the transition I promised Kara a fun and themed movie night. Note to self: When taking cold meds, stay in bed.

Our day proceeded and the movie night ensued. It got fun and I even got into the hype. But there is nothing better then watching my kids get excited about attending a movie showing at the Kallas Theatre.

Kallas Theatre 7:30 p.m. showing of "Thumbelina" =)
The show was "Thumbelina." After sitting through the movie I realized why I didn't like it as a kid when my sister would watch it over and over again! It's boring, trippy, and has way too much skin. I mean seriously, what frog has a chest like the one in this movie! But Kara liked it. Speaking of Kara....

She was our ticket taker! :) She had fun pretending we were at a movie theater. Btw, this showing of "Thumbelina" was apparel restricted. We had to wear pjs!

We were issued tickets for the movie and popcorn. It was important that we had those in order to have proper accounting of attendance! :)

Little Brudder gave Big Sisser his tickets for his seat and popcorn! :) I love these kids!!!

The lovely theater employee!

I guess the logic behind this post is that even when I'm feeling pretty crummy, it really doesn't take much to make your kids feel special or to spend time with them. The excitement and specialness they feel when creating an "event" like a Movie Night with special tickets and popcorn is amazing to watch!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment