Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Tin Foil Art Project

Let me first say that I did not create this project .. I found it on a blog that I am IN LOVE with ... a little bit obsessed with and maybe a tad bit stalkerish about. Only a little, but mostly a lot.

Her Web site is awesome. I think I mentioned my obsession in a previous blog, but this time I'll include her link www.housingaforest.com At any rate, this was such a fun activity for my kids. It's expressive, artistic, challenging (for me) and fun. It was such a great way to spend time with them. And I braved allowing my two-year-old son to use Sharpie permanent markers .. under VERY close supervision! :)

First let me tell you what to gather for this project:

Ingredients:
Cereal boxes (note: start saving those things. WHO knew that that cardboard would have so many OTHER uses than to house cereal.)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Tin foil
Sharpie Permanent Markers (rainbow style ... ooooooh yeah!!!)

Ready??? Okay ... I'll wait! ............

First .. cut the cereal flat sides to the size that you want for the art. I did SLIGHTLY smaller than 8x10 .. more like 7.90x9.90 .. you'll see when when you go to frame it .. if you choose....

Then draw a picture .. or have your kids. Though if you want to do this for your own art .. who am I to judge.
Two things .. be sure to have LARGE sketches on this thing... see all those small things .. they won't work with the glue .. speaking of glue .. once you have your masterpiece sketched .. trace the lines with the hot glue gun with a thick bead of glue. Apparently, children like this part .. I'm not dumb .. my kids did NOT handle the hot glue gun during this part....
Yay .. glue!
Tada!!!! Glue done.. This glue dries at am impressive rate. So pretty much when your done outlining this you can move on to the next step with the tinfoil.....
 Wait .. hold on .. let's have a s'more without our underpants first .. oh you don't do that .. nevermind then .. moving on!
After you have put TWO layers of tinfoil on and rubbed out the shapes of the art .. trace the raised lines with a black permanent marker. This will provide the "lines" to color inside for you the kids.





The  frame them and hang your tinfoil art somewhere in your house that you want to show it off!!

We chose our family room! Happy crafting!!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment