Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Girls and Boys

I find it funny the things kids say when they realize the differences between boys and girls.

Kara was 3 years 3 months old when Mason was born. She immediately noticed his private parts were different. The conversation that took place was one for the funny book of things kids say.

K: "Mommy, when does he eat it?"
Me: "Eat what?"
K: "His wiener. Cause I ate mine and that's why I don't have one."
Me: trying to compose myself and figure out this concept "He doesn't ever "eat" it, honey, this is what makes him a boy."
K: "I don't believe you."
End of conversation.

She is a very observant kids. Very visual in all aspects of her life. Mimics behaviors she sees. Tries to recreate situations, things learned, even attempts to show us the things that happened. Very visual. It wasn't a surprise to me that my very observant 3 y/o daughter noticed the difference between she and her new baby brother.

What I didn't know, is that age 3 is the normal age for noticing the differences. A conversation took place like this with my son, just a couple days ago.

M: "Mom, daddy have a wiener?"
Me: "Yes, daddy has a wiener."
M: "Mommy have a wiener?"
Me: "No, mommy doesn't have a wiener."
M: in complete shock with a deep breath of dismay "Lemme see."
Me: "No, you don't need to see."

I don't think he thinks that I "ate my wiener" to be a girl, but it's soooooo funny to me how kids start to realize there are differences.

Did your kids do funny things when they realized there were differences? What did you do to explain it? What was their responses when they were old about the differences?

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment