Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentime's Day

So this morning, I woke up very excited about having displayed my kids Valentime's (Kara's word) gifts on the table for them. I was going to make heart shaped pancakes and homemade strawberry syrup (cause it's red), take a ton of pictures and post them for my blog post today.

The one and only picture I have from today! :) But it's perfect.


The morning started out alright. Even go up and dressed on time. But shortly after setting foot on my main floor of my house, things went downhill.

What is it about the morning rush for school that throws a smooth start into a state of chaos!?!?! (and mood swings) I don't know!!! And as I was about to unlease my quickly soured Valentine mood onto the world, my beautiful six-year-old daughter slapped me with the reality stick and said,

"Mom, it's Valentime's Day. We should be loving."

Let me tell you how much that slap hurt right across my face! I took a deep breath and realized that things were going to be slightly different than the grandeose image I had in my head. Sure we'd still have heartish shaped pancakes with strawberry syrup, but the morning would flow WAY more differently than I expected.

I love my little beautiful and smart daughter. She knows exactly what to say and when to say it. And even though sometimes her words are wiser than her age, and sometimes they really tick me off, it's because she is showing her mom how to be patient and loving and kind even in the midst of my chaotic fairy tale.

My life is full of love. From friends to family! I appreciate this holiday because of the aspect of love. Sure we can  complain and moan and groan about how this day reminds those who are single that they are, in fact, single. But why does that have to compromise they're ability to show love to other people in different ways? Valentine's Day isn't about being in a relationship or not. It's simply about love.

"Love one another."

When Kara told me we should be "loving" ... she was exactly right. She still got to school. They still got their gifts. We still had breakfast specially made. She is lovely. The epitome of love. The example of loving patience to a fault.

I hope all of you have a wonderful and happy Valentine's Day with all those you love!

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Kids are so right to the point sometimes. I love how they can put us adults right in our place! Happy "Valntimes" Day (Bridger says this too) to you and your cute family!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love kids. They really do know how to bring me back to reality and calmness sometimes. I also love reading your blog!

      Delete