Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Purpose of Death

We often are quick to point out the purpose of life when a new baby is born, or someone makes a difference. But what is so hard about pointing out the purpose of death, especially when it's swift and unexpected? This question came upon me last night after my Wednesday night class at church. I was compelled to think about this because I see heartbreak when I see people react to sudden and unexpected deaths of family members, friends, acquaintances or famous people.

Death should never be unexpected. If there is one guarantee in life, it's death. I have had many unexpected deaths in my life from a neighbor boy's suicide to a couple aunts. And for some reason I have never been overcome with emotion or grief when someone dies. Expected or not. I have been called heartless among many things. In my defense, I accept death as an end to life. It's the one thing I know of and can count on happening to everyone. It's not that I'm obsessed with it, I just understand and accept it. The death of my body only gives life to my eternity with Jesus. I hope that those that suddenly die know Jesus. So that when they meet Him, He will welcome them into their Heavenly home.

The comfort I have in accepting death comes from knowing my Jesus. Jesus says in
John 14:1-4:

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.”

Jesus was very clear about our life after death. Death is not the end. He spoke clearly and not in parables when speaking about the eternity with Him. Being on this Earth and in this life has only one purpose, to believe in Jesus! Believing in Him has given me eternal life. Knowing that his "physical" death was not in vain, gives me purpose to share this with everyone. Believing that Jesus paid the ultimate ransom for you, for me, for everyone, just so we could be in God's presence again, cleansed and purified by the "blood of the lamb" is the most amazing thing. How can you not jump for joy and accept death.

While we are in these bodies we are separated from God. Jesus says this in 2 Corinthians 5:6-8
 
"So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord." 

I know that while I am here, I am serving Jesus. Waiting for my time to be in His presence for eternity. Death doesn't have to bring heartbreak. Though I know that it does bring sadness and grief for the loss of a loved. Especially if that loved one did not know Jesus, or denied Jesus. My prayer is that you will accept Jesus. He is your Savior. He died for you, for me, for everyone. Please don't let his suffering and all those that suffered after him be in vain. 

When we lose a baby, a friend, a mom or dad, a sibling, aunt, uncle, grandparent, anyone, it can be a life changing event. When we look back at those losses with hindsight, we see our lives differently, and how it changed the direction. If you haven't seen the movie Adjustment Bureau, I highly recommend you see it. It's kind of an interesting way of seeing the paths in our lives, and how God has a plan and even if we veer off course He always finds a way to steer back on the right track. 

Jesus doesn't want us to be separated from Him. He wants us with Him. He's not a God of hate or mistrust. He's a God love, compassion, emotion, feeling, and concern. He only wants the best for us. And I love Him for all that He has done in my life.

1 Thessalonians 5:9-11 says: 

"For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,  who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing."

Going through life bringing out the best in each other is our calling. In death, we see some ugly things come out of people and relationships. I choose to not cling to the ugliness that death can bring upon me. Rather, I choose to believe that in death, there is purpose.

1 John 3:1-2 

" See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is."

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment