Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Melting Crayons

What to do when it's -20 outside on a January day? I am not sure. But I searched blog after blog today for some ideas. I found a blog written by a mom who encourages the most awesome art projects with her kids I have ever encountered! Let me tell it to you straight .. I have a blog-mom crush on her blog. It gave me some AWESOME ideas that I plan to put to use in my own house with my kids! Things I never thought of. Follow me more through out the next few months.

So anyway, I decided to figure out a crayon craft. I have this huge stash of crayons, because I have a slight crayola addiction. So for an hour or so I spent time peeling the paper of crayons with my girl. I'd like to say I enjoyed the peeling of the crayons, but it was a daunting task. The reward was talking with Kara. She has so much to say and her imagination is so big! I love her so much.

Anyway, so after we peeled and peeled and peeled, we shaved crayons onto some wax paper.
She did a great job doing this. And who doesn't need a princess crown while doing a craft! :)

Once you're done with shaving crayons it's time to melt them in the wax paper. I learned several things doing this. First, do NOT leave the wax paper on your counter top while melting the crayon. I now have a nice layer of wax on the counter top. LOL Aaron warned me of this, but I simply ignored his crazy thought about the wax paper on the counter. Shhhh .. don't tell him I said he was right.
This is what you get when you melt the crayons in the wax paper. Draw some hearts and cut them out.
It takes some major concentration to cut out the hearts.
The result is some pretty awesome Valentine window decor.

Remember about Aaron giving advice on ironing the crayons .. he also suggested I don't "sweep" the iron back and forth so the crayons don't ooze out of the wax paper. I ignored that too..........

Guess I have an official craft towel now! LOL

Peace

1 comment:

  1. Good idea... I'm going to try this with Joseph!

    ReplyDelete