Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Susan will NEVER be forgotten!


The quick and abrupt passing of a friend, Susan Giani, this past Saturday immediately caused shock waves through families and friends of her and Chris. She was one amazing person. The type of person you wanted to be around more. Just a good heart, giving soul, goal driven, hardworking, understanding, loving person.

Susan was one of a kind. And by the blessings of God, I got to know her. She married one of my husband's best-friends. They lived just hours from us. We spent time together at their home, camping, playing, just being friends. She worked as hard as she played. And she wasn't about to live this life to any boring fashion.

Susan died in a freak tubing accident. They were doing what they loved to do, enjoy life together with friends. Her life and death were never in vain. And as I soon heard of her death, as shocking as it was, I was comforted immediately by the Spirit knowing there was a bigger plan at work. Her death will impact many.

Personally, I know it has already impacted how I view my husband and children. Knowing how quickly life can end; how fragile it is. Knowing that at any moment one could no longer be on this Earth, leaving loved ones behind.

You know what was the most impactful part of losing Susan? Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE knows how much she loved them. How much she cared for them. There isn't a doubt in ANYONE!! That is amazing. She lived as she loved! Deep, lively, purposeful.

Because of Susan's death, I have chosen to love deeper, live bigger, and laugh more!!! I will NOT allow the meaningless things in life anymore to dictate it.

Jesus loved like everyday was his last (though knowing it wasn't). Jesus loved everyone because of who they were, not who they could become. Jesus was an amazing example of living life. And I believe that Susan exemplified that example of Christ.

"Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."     Psalm 139:16

Our days are numbered. They have been written in the stars already. God knows when our lives on Earth will end and our lives with Him will begin. I want to make sure that I am living like today may be my last. I want to be sure to show and love and care for everyone I meet with the same deep emotion that Jesus did.

Susan's days were numbered. Her death has purpose. And even though I will miss her so much, I know that God's plan is bigger than my sadness! I know that He is leading all of us that are heartbroken by the shock of her passing, and he is comforting each one of us. Guiding us in the way that is eternal.

"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."   Psalm 90:12

Thank you, Jesus, for blessing me with my friendship with Susan! Thank you for having her be such an amazing person, to be such an example of acceptance, love, and compassion to all! Thank you, God, for creating Susan!!!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful tribute :) she was amazing... I too feel so blesed to have known her. I will miss her always but I carry her spirit with me.... Denise

    ReplyDelete