Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A new day, new month, new year ... What beholds us?

I have toyed with the idea over and over of closing this blog and starting a new one. But I can't seem to come up with any catchy titles. Such a bummer that something about diapers seems more fun than anything else. :)

I wasn't sure I would write 2013 Resolutions. Mainly because I have a hard time really sticking to any one goal. But maybe that is my problem with goals. I don't stick to them, so I get disappointed and quit. Forgetting all about the whole purpose of setting goals in the first place.

This year, WE have set some 2013 Resolutions. Aaron and I sat down a while back and laid out our goals, individually and collectively. My hope is that I will improve myself through these goals. Unfortunately, some of my goals require me to cut the fat. And I don't mean on my body (although that is one goal). But I mean in life. With people, circumstances, commitments. Other parts of the goals are general self improvement and family improvement.

My Top 5 PERSONAL 2013 Goals:
1) To draw closer to God.
2) To cut people out of my life that are fair-weather or negative, and replace them with genuine people.
3) To be an example of kindness and hardwork to my kids.
4) To spend less time on social media and more time out in the great outdoors.
5) To clean one room in my house, completely, everyday.

Our Top 5 FAMILY 2013 Goals:
1) To have Jesus as our center focus, by collaborative reading of the Bible with our kids, through prayer, through practice.
2) To finally be debt free!
3) To spend more time as a family experiencing life.
4) To take our kids on a vacation.
5) To build our food storage.

Recently, I went to a book store and found this book......
I am super excited about this outline for the Bible, because I have always wanted to read the Bible cover to cover, but man that would take forever. And yes, this will take the year, but it will be with my kids and husband. And it will be a great experience to see what God's word will do in our lives as a family unit!

2013 holds a lot of promise for everyone. Everyday we are given is a new day to change the direction of our lives. We don't have to hold on to anything in the past. What's the point?? It's done and over with. Our perspectives and practices are what will define our purpose and our future.

Kara and I watched "Anne of Green Gables" yesterday and I was reminded of my most favorite quote,

"Tomorrow is always fresh. You have no mistakes in it."

That will be my mantra for the whole year. I know that I'm not perfect. I will have some down times, and others will too. I will make some mistakes and others will offend me. But, if God wills it, there will be a tomorrow to move on from today! And, thanks to God, we have a whole new year to be better people. To each other, to ourselves, to our Lord.

Since I'm not cancelling this blog, I will be changing the direction of it. I will be using it as a means of therapy. To write about my days, meals, choices, kids, family, in a different way. I will be prayerful about what I'm writing. I will be writing more often. And I will, hopefully, be able to grow.

Peace be with all of you in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment