Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Owls, Witches, and Pumpkins OH MY! Our trip to the library!

Today, I took the kids to the library.
It was a good experience.
I have decided as part of our weekly routine, we will be going to the library once a week.
This will give me time to update my planning for the week, as well as give Kara some exploratory time to find new reading material.
Side bonus: I don't have to pay for it! She brought home like 3 Fancy Nancy books!! SCORE

At any rate, I decided this morning today would be the day Kara got her own library card.
Not sure why this is such a rite of passage for kids, but for some reason they feel amply grown up having their own card that means something.
She was very proud of it.

We left the library around an hour or so after we got there.
Let me just say, this is a first for me.
Usually I'm so irritated with my kids noise level that I am ready to leave as soon as we arrive.
I have had my children "shushed" in a library before.
So I'm not entirely sure why the children's section is wide open to the general areas of the library.
But anyway....

We left with our loot .. Kara checked out her very own books and was given her own bag!
Such a grown up child!

I borrowed an audio book, "Anne of Green Gables."
I'm so tired of radio and cds.
Just changing it up a bit!
Every time I turn on the radio, all I hear is the request for money. I'm SOOOOO sick of it!

ANYWAY...... We popped "Anne" in and listened to chapter one on our way home.
The kids happily looked through their books.

I couldn't wait to get home to setup my "reading" station.
You know .. where teachers display books that are fitting to the week, season, and so on.

I also couldn't wait to do the pumpkin craft that I planned out in my head while at the library.

Hungry and tired kids delayed that plan .. so I fed them (of course) and put Mason down for a nap and Kara laid in her bed reading through her allowed 6 books. (We do amount by age.)

Then once everyone was well rested, I had put together the craft and we read a couple of the books I had picked out and did the craft.

I'm a huge fan of book to crafts.
So, of course, I picked a book that I knew would facilitate the image of the mosaic pumpkin.
Very cute book by the way! I highly recommend you read it to your kids. It's really not SCARY! I mean .. it is for the Owl, Witch, Crickets, and kids in the story! :)

At any rate, the kids sat down at the table for the craft and glued and glued and glued!

Not quite "mosaic" art pumpkins, but still a fun activity none the less.


No comments:

Post a Comment