Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

A Flow

We started our "normal" part of school today.
The CURRICULUM!!!
I was kinda dreading this day, because I wasn't sure if Kara would sit and listen to me being a "teacher."
But she did!
And she told me she liked it!
And that made me smile.

We did penmanship using Handwriting Without Tears.
Reading and Language Arts
Saxon Math lessons 21-22
And she did her journal entry for school (something I'm making her do for reflection and penmanship exercise).

A normal day at a "real" school, this would take all day. 
(and that is without the fun science she is getting at the farm school)
But for us .. it took 1.5 hours!!

NO STINKING JOKE!



 Gotta love her enthusiasm! :)

The best part about homeschooling (and not that you can't do this anyway) but it's the implementation teaching the values, morals, and Biblical beliefs we hold near and dear. We are using our Sunday School lessons from church and studying them deeper, and with more activities. Can even put this part of our day into our Geography unit of the world, that we begin tomorrow.


I'm still trying to figure out our schedule and what will benefit us the most with where we spend our time and how. 

But for now, and by now I mean today. We had success!!!

2 comments: