Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm a SWAHM

Today I did my first training on the Alaskan MLS system. I got a part-time job assisting a realtor here in Alaska. I think it will turn out to be a pretty efficient flowing job, once I understand and get a grip on what I'm suppose to be doing. I'm still rather confused. I don't quite know what my job duties are, but I'm sure as I go along it will all get ironed out.

But my post today isn't to bore you with the details of my new job. I'm posting because I got this job, and now I"m confused as to what I am. Am I a stay-at-home-mom? Am I a working mom? I decided to create a new title for the moms that work from home .. SWAHM. ... how's that work for you .. LOL I'm a stay-working-at-home-mom???? I think it fits. Especially if your pronounce it "swam."

I'm swimming in life. Sometimes floundering. Sometimes drowning. Sometimes floating. Sometimes butterflying my way through it. It's an interesting place to be in life. I know that my husband is extremely excited at the prospects of a second income. He breathes easier now. LOL

I guess this just confuses me a tad, because I wasn't looking for a job, yet I found one. I was FINALLY comfortable being home with my kids, focusing clearly on what they needed instead of worrying about working. I was FINALLY okay with just enjoying the innocence and youngness (is that a word?) of my children. Relishing in their awe with the things about life. Answering their insanely critical questions that have to be repeated 100 times exactly before I can answer them.

Working from home is not new to me. No, I use to be a copy-editor for three newspapers in Utah. I worked from home. I owned my photography business .. I worked from home and the beautiful nature the surrounds us. But I haven't had a "real" job since I quit editing. That's almost four years. That's a long time to attempt to get back into the working swing of things.

I think that as time goes on, I will see the plan in all of this. God laid this job directly in my path for me to grasp. I grabbed hold and am trusting in His plan for my (our) life. He has not lead us astray yet, why would he start now?!?!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment