Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Craft Tray Heaven!

I have many crafty friends and many friends that don't like crafts because of the mess it creates. I'm an in betweener crafter. I craft because I know it's fun for my kids. Gives us time to connect. Allows them to tap into unused creativity. Encourages motor skill development. And gives them a sense of confidence when they create something that I display. (I display everything for a while.)

So while I was trying to figure out how to prevent extreme paint overload mess in my house, I was reading a blog ... one of my favorites Housing a Forest ... and she was having a "cleaning day" with her kids art trays ... here ... and I thought .. AMAZING idea!!! So ever since then I was on the hunt for trays for my kids to do the painting, gluing, glittering, etc. on to help decrease the craft mess that seems to find it's way around my house and onto my kitchen table.

Since we don't have Ikea in Alaska (SUCH A BUMMER!!!!) I was on the hunt at our local stores. I wanted something that was durable, plastic preferred, with handles (different than the blog I read) because I wanted the kids to be able to carry the trays without problems. I searched and searched and searched. Target, Fred Meyer, Carrs, Joanns, the Dollar store, and finally .. one of the few times I stepped into Wal Mart, there they were .. for $2 each!! The trays I wanted!!!!

 Glorious tray! Perfect for the kids. Big enough to hold an 9x12 piece of art paper. And everything is contained!! WOOHOO!!!!

So yesterday was the first time we set out to use the trays for a craft. These trays worked PHENOMENAL for the kids when they wanted to play with Playdoh, btw.

 Egg cartons work GREAT for containing paints. :) A little after school prepped activity and game to keep the kids occupied while I prepped for dinner.


So I set out a craft for the kids for after school. And they really enjoyed having their own little painting tray. It was fun to watch them create and get as messy (in the tray) as they wanted. They, on their own, stuck to the limitations of the tray. I was super proud.

My new love .... CRAFT TRAYS!!!

1 comment: