Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Crafts and such

If your children are like my children they require a lot of attention. This means that they need to be doing something every minute of their wake time. This can be very exhausting and fun at the same time. I haven't really ever been a "crafty" person. In fact, my husband, lovely man, has diagnosed me with Arts and Crafts A.D.D. This of course is not a REAL illness, per say, but ironically it fits with me and my focus when it comes to things like arts and crafts. Though, for my children's sake and their development I have become pretty good (I think) at creating fun crafts for them to do.

Seeing that March is filled with all sorts of things, i.e. St. Patrick's Day, Spring Equinox, Dr. Suess' Birthday, National Reading Month, oh the list goes on, I thought we would make some St. Patrick's Day cards for family members. These little cards are fun to make. The thing with Arts and Crafts with your kids is the developmental aspect that is super important. They learn that perfection isn't key to success with imagination. They learn eye-hand coordination with scissors, coloring, glue, etc. They will grow with their creativity. And when you step back and just let their little minds go, you will be surprised at what they can create.





That last part is a bit of a task for me since I'm a tad OCD. However, I do try to let them do the crafts how they want with some guidance from me. :) These are the cards we (me and Kara) made. Mason was napping during both craft sessions.

Have a fun time with your kids and let them be the artists that they want to be. :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute cards! The only thing I would have a problem with is the glitter application. Kara is older so she's better with it, I think I would be the pot of gold to give away if I let Serenity do it.

    ReplyDelete