Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Rainy Days with van Gogh

When the playdoh entertainment runs its last moments. When the clouds are dumping their rainy load. When the kids are bored. What do you do?!?!

My daughter loves art. She especially loves Vincent van Gogh. At her age, I think I was more obsessed with playing barbies, house or school. But this girl, my favorite daughter, LOVES art! In an effort to encourage something I know nearly nothing about, I seek out blogs and the like for inspirations of how to teach Kara art.

Since today is a rainy day, I thought I would find some van Gogh fun while brother was napping. :)


This is van Gogh's famous sunflower piece. Seeing that recreating this was a bit scary for Kara.I follow a blog that a homeschooling mom writes and posts her art lessons that she does with her kids. So I kinda took her lead and pieced together her lesson on sunflower art with her kids she did here and went a slightly different direction. She provided this pictures of a sunflower in June this summer....



So pulled this picture up and let Kara study it. She loves pointing out detail and analyzing it. She also loves flowers. BONUS! Not to mention looking at a sunflower on a gloomy, rainy day does kinda lift my spirits!

My beautiful artist daughter came up with this rendition of a sunflower.....



Which is now proudly displayed on her Gallery Wall in her bedroom! :)

What do you do with your kids on rainy days?

No comments:

Post a Comment