Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pin It and Forget It

Have you ever heard the "set it and forget it" phrase with the rotisserie oven?? Well That logic today is applying to my experience with Pinterest. I "pin it and forget it."

I haven't been on Pinterest in I don't know how long, but I do know that today when I went on there .. just minutes ago .. I sought out to search for "office organization," only right then did I realize I have a whole entire board dedicated to organization. Go figure.

But what is this habit of putting things on Pinterest and then forgetting about them?? There are AWESOME ideas on there. Many things that are cheap, easy, DIY things, fun things for kids. I see all sorts of statements on Facebook about people saying "I like Pinterest, it makes me feel productive."

Hahahaha it's funny to me, because that's how I feel after an hour or more of getting sucked into the world of pinning. I leave my computer feeling that satisfaction that I've just completed something, even though the moment I step away from the computer I see that I've really only completed a whole bunch of nothing.

I think Pinterest is awesome for encouraging new decor, changing up the routine for playing with the kids. Maybe even suggesting things for savings, exercise, healthy eating that we hadn't thought of before. But what's funny to me is that Pinterest lives and real lives are not mirror images. :)

I'm a much craftier, healthier, more active, completely organized with awesome hobbies, better parent on Pinterest. :) My house on Pinterest is decorated with beautiful linens, furniture, nick-knacks. I have the biggest most functional and cleanest kitchen. My kids rooms are bright, clean, and fun. My yard is one that is designed to entertain. :)

It's AWESOME! :)

Not saying my real life isn't awesome, but I pin it and forget it. It gives me a bit of thrill to climb back into this world of pin boards and images. I wonder if a psychologist has ever picked apart someone's Pinterest board. I could only imagine what they might say about my want for a Range Rover and a 50,000 sq ft home. Not really!!! I don't really want the house, the car yes, the house, not so much.

So as I depart from my pointless blog post to pin more things I'll forget about in my fake world (this sounds a lot like those video games, but for stay at home moms), I will be organizing my office on Pinterest. :)

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment