Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Not So Common Public Knowledge

I have been debating for some time as to whether or not make this public knowledge, but I've come to the conclusion, that it is something I need to let anyone know who wants to make, send, or buy me edible gifts.

I found out in July that I have a severe cow's milk, baker's yeast and sesame allergy. This is probably shocking to a lot of people, as you can imagine how learning this information was extremely shocking to me. And it dramatically effected my grocery lists and bill.

I haven't been diligent AT ALL with sticking to a diet that removes all these things and their derivatives until as of late, when my migraines, stomach issues and acne reappeared and said .. "okay .. you wanna eat this stuff .. we'll make you a deal and just hang about." Yeah I'm so not okay with looking like I'm going through puberty all over again.

It's been a learning experience for me. I have realized that I don't need to eat anything that contains those things. For a long time I felt deprived, angry, and most frequently, HUNGRY! You wouldn't believe how incredibly hard it is to find foods that are 100% cow's milk free .. I'm talking even preservative free. Even soy and almond cheese alternatives have sodium caseinate in them which is a milk protein. I have become fond of goat cheese as an alternative. Soo...

At any rate, I never wanted to discuss this because I get so tired of people always complaining about their health issues, allergies, or what have you. I just usually refuse whatever it is that has the milk component and find a more fresh, less tainted item to eat. It really is amazing the difference I feel when I don't eat foods with those three items.

I'd like to say in closing, PLEASE don't treat me like a freak when I say "No, thank you" to your 5 star cheesecake or your yummy yummy creamed soups! They are my favorite.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment