Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Autumn Themed Placemat Craft

I love this time of year! I love the scents, the crisp autumn air. I love the decorations that are used to show our change in seasons. I also love how everyone always seems to have a cheer about them. This time of year gets my creative juices flowing for crafts. And being an organizer for a mom's group here, I get to create and put to use my craft for other to do.

My new idea was to create fall theme place mats. It was fun. My kids collected leaves from outside, I pulled out some crafting paper, glue and the laminator and away we went.

 Kara absolutely loves doing crafts. And doing one today with the windy cold air outside was a perfect "indoor" activity. She also loved that she got to use the leaves she raked up from outside.

 Mason is a lot like me with crafts. He has Arts and Crafts ADD. I also suffer from this illness on most days. But I was pretty jazzed about this craft.

I did go one step further and made matching napkin holders. I thought the whole process was fun. See there's a lot you can do with the leaves outside. So next time when you grunt about raking up the durn leaves, maybe save a few and create a fun activity for the kids! :)

One thing I would change .. I will let the glue dry before laminating. :)

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment