Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Run Like the Wind

Well I must admit that I've not been too diligent in my blogging because there are a lot of things going on my head, none of which are related to one another. However, I am super excited about my first real race tomorrow. I am still undecided about whether I'll do the full 5K or just do the easy flat 3K. The 5K doesn't seem to intimidating until you look at the hill involved with the third mile on this route. However, I may just do it to prove to myself I can. Who knows?!?!
At any rate, I'm also very nervous. I've never been a runner .. ever  .. in my whole life, except for the 90 ft between bases or when someone or something is chasing me. =) I remember failing miserably in 9th grade during our endurance test, which was 9 or something laps around the track. I remember watching a classmate just push through and run every single lap. I remember getting finished in 45 minutes versus the 20 minutes it took the rest of the class (except for a couple girls that did the walking with me). I wasn't overly over weight yet at that age, but I just didn't care for running. And then because I finished in such a crappy time, I got 4 extra laps from the PE teacher as punishment for doing things so slowly. That's logical, right??
The reason I enjoy running now is because it's a great mind clearer. I have a lot going on. With all the hats I wear on a daily basis I can get pretty bogged down mentally, and running seems to be the only way to clear my head pretty quickly. I love to run fast. And the faster I run the quicker I get my distance covered. Fast for me though, it actually quite slow for seasoned runners. Running brings me closer to the sounds and motions and functions of all the muscles in my body. Just when I think my muscles can't bounce another step, they do.
Every time I run my 2ish mile route in my neighborhood (with the dreadful hill) I round the last corner toward my house and pull out every ounce of energy I have left.
I think that as time goes on and I prepare for other races, I'm hoping to add the diligent eating habits that typically accompany a healthy exercising lifestyle. :) That training starts next Monday. However, I'm looking to get through tomorrow. If I do the 3K, I'd like to finish in 20 or so minutes. If I do the 5K I'd like to finish in under 40 minutes. You might say .. "Why are you adding 20 minutes for an extra 1.3ish miles?" Well my fellow reader, I've been told .. that last mile on your first 5k .. is tough! LOL .. I'm shooting for the moon here, hoping to land among the stars. LOL Cheesy I know. 
Anyways, enough rambling!

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Thats awesome Samantha! Good luck with your race! :) I love running as well and I know that I did it in high school but doing it as a mom take so much more energy. I always feel better, sleep better, and am a much nicer person when I do. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete