Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

That's for the birds.

Wow! The past few days (weeks) have really tested my patience, diligence, temper, time management. Did I say patience? Oh that's right, I did. No biggie though, I've been repeating myself a lot, lately. So why not on my blog?! Are you following me? Let me tell you, this blog is likely to not have a point. Do any really??

As I sit her staring at the Today Show, a list is forming in my head of all the things I need to accomplish over the next 72 hours. Not including today. But the next 3 days are jam packed with a lot of stuff. I don't really know why I do this to myself. Suppose I like the excitement of unnecessary stress really!?! Who knows? But the point is, I do it. I do it often. And I think that overbooking and overextending myself is one thing I do with 100% perfection.

I find it difficult to have a calm, quiet, and well-planned schedule. Psh! That's for the birds. I mean what Christian mom, wife, business owner, friend, organizer, family member, life lover (I say this one with the hope that it will actually mean something today) wouldn't want a less stress calendar of events. You know, the one thing that would help this is if my son would just take his nap while I type this blog. Oh a maid would help too!

I feel stressed. Do you get that?? If not, I'll elaborate more. My husband called on his way home from work yesterday and I prepared him for the house when he got here. I said, and I quote, "Don't say one thing about the condition of the house when you walk in the door." Okay, so maybe that was more of a warning that I'm not in the mood for his funny remarks about how I'm a stay-at-home-mom and that I should be on top of things. Yea, perhaps that was a warning, not a preparation. Why do I need to "prep" him for the condition?? It's not like I'm only a SAHM. I am an errand girl, chauffeur, bank, waitress, diaper changer, toy picker upper, laundry doer. Wait wait, I am a maid!! What was I thinking, I have a maid already! ME! Uh duh!

Not to mention the extreme cabin fever that is resonating in this house with not just my kids, but ME! Oh wow, what I would do for a bright sunny DRY day outside with my kids. WHY WON'T HE GO TO SLEEP!?!??! I just can't figure out this naptime stuff. Ya know, as an adult I would love to take a nap daily! If only.....

I think that I feel better now. I am a bit stressed. With everything in me, I was/am seeking some patience today. I'm running a little short! So I seek out a Bible verse.

Psalm 55:22 NIV: Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken.  

Alright, so here's my cares! Sure hope and pray that I'm sustained today. And that MASON GOES TO SLEEP!!!

Peace. =)

2 comments:

  1. Had to correct the Bible verse. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find a good maid I need one too! I may BE one, but I am not any good at it, lol. Hope your day gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete