Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Adventures in Allergies

It has been 13 nearly 14 months with Mason and figuring out what is causing this awful rash on the back of his legs. Well it started on his belly. Assuming it was the laundry detergent I switched him to the free and clear by Purex. Seeing the rash slowly disappear I was under the impression that was the cause of this non-threatening rash.

His pediatrician suggested he had a dairy allergy. Me, being the mom that didn't believe MY kids would have food allergies, I brushed it off and continued on my 'super'-mom path. The one day the rash that was on his belly moved south to his legs. It's not painful I don't think. He doesn't try to scratch it. But it definitely gets inflamed when he eats dairy. At first I thought, I'll just remove the milk from his diet, problem solved right?!?! Well not exactly. It's kind of a weird scenario.

He can't have direct dairy products, i.e. milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. But it can be mixed in things. I'm not entirely sure why or HOW this type of allergy is created. The only food allergy I know of runs on my side of the family and it's shellfish. No real connection to the dairy part of our lives. I just hope he grows out of this 'allergy'.

For now we buy things like rice milk and other products to encourage a healthy lifestyle for the little monkey. The rash, well the weird one is gone. Now we're fighting eczema. But I'm beginning to win this battle with mineral oils.


No comments:

Post a Comment