Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Burning Hard-boiled Eggs

I am busy. Not just busy like because I like to be busy. But I am busy, like, out the nose snot busy. That's pretty gross, actually.

I work part time for a broker as an assistant. I work on his websites; create flyers; take pictures of homes and edit the pictures; create packets for him to give to prospective sellers and buyers; drop documents onto another website for viewing; create MLS listings; and then other things "as needed."

I work part time as a photographer. This amounts to about 6-8 sessions a month. I spend hours editing. Then I create a personalize photo CD. I deal with paperwork, taxes, and other business legality requirements.

I'm a home schooling mom. I research, create, teach, learn, and educate at home. I take my kids on field trips. I find meaningful lessons that will, hopefully, broaden their views on the world. I have to plan weeks at a time (just like a real classroom teacher). I have to meet state standards. (Luckily, I've been educated on how to teach and meet standards.) I have to keep in contact with our home school coop adviser at our enrolled school. 

I'm a stay-at-home mom. This means everything beyond what I already do, falls on me. Laundry, dishes, floors, bathrooms, kids, kids' rooms, my room, counter and table tops, stairs, vacuuming, meals. OH MY GOSH the meals! That is a huge chunk of my day right there. Shopping, errands, bills, playtime, school time, game time, bed time, bath time. 

I am a Sunday School teacher and an adult class leader. And serving God is a passion for me. I love it! It's the only thing my life that makes sense everyday. Duties "as needed" from Him require no contract, pay, or benefit package.

And last night, I burned hard-boiled eggs.

Yes, how does all that work with burning boiled eggs? I was not paying attention. I got distracted by one of my duties, and well .. and hour went by, and the hard boiled eggs I had carefully put on the stove ... burned.

A class I started leading at church, made clear to me that I am over extended. No, I am maxed over extended. If there was an over extension, I would be beyond that. My brain can no longer plan or take in anymore information.

Something has to give. And thanks to this lesson at church, God made clear to me that something. He also made clear to me, knowing my frame of mind at the moment, that everything would be okay. My worries about specific future events would be fine. I would be okay. And most importantly, my family would be happier!

The eggs, though still edible, were a huge part of me realizing that things needed to change in my life. 

1 comment:

  1. This post came at the perfect time. I had no idea that one could burn hard boiled eggs. Lately, I feel that this is definately something that would happen to me. Wish I was able to hear your church lesson, too.

    ReplyDelete