Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Staring at Strangers

Do you ever wonder why it's okay for children to stare at random people and not adults? Mason did just that today at dinner. We went to our local grease pit, The Noisy Goose, for a good ol' fashion heart attack on plate meal and Mason just STARED! It seemed though that when we would try to get him to stop it drew more attention the fact that he was staring at everyone.

I mean I'm personally interested in all those people too. If I could stare and not get dirty looks I would. But I would most definitely draw the line at the cutesy phrases and hand gestures that people do to him as he's staring. Okay maybe I would accept the cutesy hand gestures. Those are much better than the more volatile hand gestures one could give. I guess the smiling faces would be okay too, because the dirty looks would just add to the weirdness of the situation if I were staring.

Not to mention that when Mason stares, he points, yells, and sometimes throws food. Yes, even at random people. But the catch at dinner tonight wasn't even Mason. No it came from my own daughter. Yes even 5 year olds still stare, AT THE OBVIOUS. A fellow with a lazy eye was sitting in the booth in front of us, quietly looking at his menu with one eye and the other eye .. well it wasn't. And she, in all of her innocence and with a very audible tone said, "What's he staring at???"

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment