Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

What more do you need?

The other day I got so super frustrated with my kids asking for more more more!!
It was one of those moments where I snap and said "You have enough already, what more do you need?"

That moment was quite a realization in my "demands" on my own life when I'm praying or talking with God. I wonder if he ever snaps in with a "You have plenty, what more can you want or need?"

It was very sobering. How much more can one want?
What else does one need?
I breath.

I have a home that is safe.
I have food on the table.
Healthy kids.
Loving husband.
I can pay my bills.
Clothing.
I have health insurance.
Two cars .. even a four-wheeler.
Half acre of land.
A dog.
I'm a stay-at-home mom without financial burden.



What more really could I need?

When I snapped at my kids, I realized I have probably many many times pulled the same stunts with God in begging for more money, bigger house, newer cars, warmer, sunnier place to live, skinnier thighs. Oh yeah .. the thighs I beg for often.

But I realize, that regardless of my thighs, my house, my cars, God is still providing. Everything that I have does exactly what I need it to do, and more.

I think about missionaries in foreign countries that are in hiding. Because to come out that they are on mission for God would be life or death for them. They are converting people left and right to the faith of the eternal kingdom. They are living with means far below my own. They are living to serve God and all they ask is for His protection.

So my question becomes, how do I teach my kids that they have enough? That they don't NEED more. We aren't shoppers. We don't have the newest gadgets. We have a scratch in the middle of our TV screen that drives me insane when light shines on it, but we don't have any plans on getting a new TV. That really has nothing to do with needs. Only wants. :)

But how? How do we teach them that enough is enough? That God is providing all our needs daily, minute by minute. I suppose it must start with me. And my realizing that I have all I need and more. Being grateful for what I do have. Even my thighs! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment